Read Timecaster: Supersymmetry Online
Authors: J.A. Konrath,Joe Kimball
From the Author
About J.A. Konrath
Ebooks by J.A. Konrath
This novel is for Blake Crouch, who is one of the best friends and best writers in the multiverse.
If you aren’t Blake Crouch, you aren’t allowed to read this n
A libertarian utopia of biofuels, legalized drugs, and casual sex. There hasn’t been any violent crime in years.
Talon Avalon is a Timecaster; a cop who is able to look back in time and view crimes that have already happened. But that was before he was framed by an alternate version of himself from another dimension. Now he’s being hunted in this world, and countless parallel worlds, as the biggest mass-murderer in history.
While trying to save his kidnapped wife and clear his name, Talon must fight to prevent a series of mishaps that could destroy the multiverse, along with the very fabric of spacetime. He only has a few hours to save an infinity of humanity. All it will take is guts, his fists, some high tech weaponry, and enough strength and savvy to survive genetically mutated monsters, homicidal robots, a zombie apocalypse, and a plethora of erotic encounters.
Time is NOT on his side.
Timecaster Supersymmetry by Joe Kimball
A good portion of the science and theoretical physics in this book are real. I made all the other shit up. It also contains graphic sex, violence, and bad language. If that sort of thing bothers you, read another fucking book.
Any explanation of prior events in the Timecaster multiverse would be lengthy and convoluted. I suggest reading the first book in the series before starting this one. If you’re too cheap to buy it, borrow it from the library, or do a bit torrent search.
The multiverse is infinite, and infinity is an open system.
At the same time, the multiverse is entropic. This is in direct contradiction to many hypotheses of modern science, which posit that the multiverse is an isolated system, and only isolated systems can be entropic.
But let’s be honest. Scientists are a snooty, self-important bunch who get things wrong all the time.s of Lake MichiganE">
Mu is a Japanese prefix indicating non-existence.
It is also, quite coincidentally and ironically, the letter M in the Greek alphabet.
Mu was known by the ancient Greeks as μπανανα, a powerful god worshipped for hundreds of years until the Romans took over and rewrote all the history books, changing Mu from
, which became Jupiter, which morphed into Yahweh and so on, up through the recently debunked modern religions.
Is Mu the creator of everything? Is Mu dark energy? Is Mu the sentient negentropic equilibrium to the multiverse’s entropy? Does Mu exist everywhere at once, or is Mu a quantum embodiment of non-existence?
Only one thing is certain…
Mu can be a real asshole.
“One always has enough time, if one will apply it well.”
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“Tough times never last. But tough people do.”
“Given time I’ll get it, let me go around, let me go around, let me go around again.”
“Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.”
In the future, tech and acronyms rule the day…
– As far as I know.
– All Vision Contact Lens. Allows user to see in a variety of conditions.,” Mu saidE">
– Bleeding heart volunteer.
– Fuel made from animal and plant lipids and starches, along with the methane released when composting.
– Kendo armor, consisting of a
, kote (belt), tare (gloves)
– Be right back.
– Court Appointed Attorney.
– The strongest substance known to man, created in molecular strings by factory labs.
– A delicious but deadly bovinsect.
– A microchip implanted in the wrist of all people at birth; it serves as identification, a universal key, and a debit card.
– Chicago Peace Department, aka the cops.
– In a cashless society, a credit is the digital representation of a US dollar, existing solely as data.
– The second US Civil War of 2034.
– One of the Disenfranchised. Someone who rejects the modern way of living and exists off the grid without paying taxes.
– Digital Tablet, a pocket computer.
– Old-fashioned paper money, used by dissys.
– Electronic Perimeter Fence, used to keep suspects in a designated area.
– A Forget-Me-Not pill. When placed under the tongue, it allows you to vividly recall memories.
– Full of shit.
– Artificial, flexible spring stilts, used as leg extenders in powerbocking to run faster and jump higher.
– A genetically altered pet.
– A camouflage outfit with foliage stitched into it.
– Global Positioning Satellite.
– A vocal command to disconnect a headphone call; also synonymous with
– An ear/brain implant allowing phone calls without phones.
– The act and equipment used to jump onto a moving train.,” Grandma said. sK
– Three hundred petabytes of stored information—every bit of knowledge and media from the history of mankind—that exists preinstalled on every DT.
– In Real Time.
– A pedestrian who powerbocks, using frog leg extensions on their feet.
– Low earth orbit.
– Sorry. You have to read the book to get this definition.
– Could be the supreme being. Could be something else.
– A carbon nanotube knife, only a few nanometers thick.
Pet the bunny
– Slang for tuning into space-time using a TEV.
– Clubs that sell pot and pills.
– Peanut butter and tabby.
– Pornography. But you knew that already.
– Steroids. Those who use roids are known as
– A very bad-ass fish.
– A sword used in the Japanese martial art Kendo.
– State Licensed Prostitute. AKA “social workers.”
– Sick mother fucker.
– A woven rope of carbon nanotubes, tethered to the earth on one end and a low-earth orbit satellite on the other, which allows for inexpensive travel into space.
– A subatomic particle that can travel faster than the speed of light.
– A generated electromagnetic field surrounding the earth that supplies cordless electric power.